Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sweet Cornbread

Creative:

There are a lot of different cornbread recipes out there. I mean A LOT. There is savory with little chunks of actual corn in it, homestyle and rustic (often made in a skillet), and even cornbread cooked in bell peppers. But this...is heavenly. This is a recipe I came across years ago. It wasn't found on Pinterest. Not in my grandma's old recipe book, no. 

I found it on the side of a box of cornmeal. Do you ever try those recipes? This one was more than successful.


I never stray from this recipe. Actually, the only thing I changed from the original "box" is that I used all vegetable oil instead of 3 Tbsp. of melted butter. This stuff is like cornbread cake. And the sweetness contrasts beautifully with a huge bowl of hot soup. I like to put honey on the stuff, but it's not even needed. This cornbread could be eaten straight from the pan and would be received with the same amount of complete satisfaction. (Sister missionaries LOVE this).




Compassionate:

There are only a few recipes (that aren't cookies) that I feel confident enough with to give away on a regular basis. This is one of those recipes. I have shared this recipe with my family, the relief society, and even a friend for her bridal shower. And now, I have given you the reigns. Try this out. It is sweet. It is cake-like. And it is loved by all who try it. It goes perfectly with soups, salads, and even pot roast dinners. It's the perfect side dish...slash dessert.


Happy:

Have you ever received a book of favorite recipes compiled by a church group (Relief Society, ward, etc.), family, or group of friends? These things are the best! They have been tried time and again, or else they wouldn't be included in one of those books of favorite recipes, right? Boy, I need to delve into those books more often. If all those recipes are half as good as this one, then I'm in!

Go ahead and give this cornbread a try! You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment