Creative:
This has to be one of my most frequently-used recipes. This is definitely a go-to when I want something fancy but quick. And don't get scared when I say "fancy" - V-man helped with most of it. Bakerella has an amazing recipe for these chocolate chip cookie dough truffles and I don't change a thing in the recipe! They are perfect the way they are. The only thing I do differently is I don't actually chill the dough before rolling it into balls. I just give it a good chill in the freezer prior to coating them with chocolate.
You may think that the only good cookie dough has eggs in it - which is totally true when it comes to BAKING the cookies - but this dough is just as special! At least five "truffles" don't make it to the chocolate-covered stage every time. They get...sampled!
Compassionate:
I was invited to a super fun Easter Craft party the other night and wanted to bring something special over. I had only decided what to bring that afternoon so it had to be something quick, but still have a special uniqueness to it. These were just the ticket! Normally I just whip up a batch and throw some truffles onto a plate for people. But this time, I placed each one in its own mini cupcake cup and put it on a nice platter for display purposes. I got plenty of compliments and I was excited to contribute something to the fun evening.
Happy:
Some of the ladies at the party took some extras home to their families. I'm glad I could spread some cookie-dough happiness to MANY people last week.
Enjoy!
Wow - I wish I would have saw this before I made an "ordinary" cake to take to a friend's house today; next time for sure! 🌷 Thank you
ReplyDelete