Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hot Wheels Valentines - LDS

V-man was wanting to give his friends in his nursery class at church each a Valentine since Valentine's Day is this Sunday. I did a quick search on Pinterest for non-candy ideas - since Goldfish and fruit snacks can't be beat during nursery - and found a couple that use cars. V-man AND his nursery friends love cars. The idea was formed!


Since V-man wanted to help make the valentines - they are his friends after all - I figured out a way I could utilize his mad coloring skills.


He created this. A masterful work of art that only one with an eye for beauty could create :) I think he said there's a basketball, a couple airplanes, a garbage truck, and a dump truck in that picture. It's pretty cool. 


  
Then, I cut out the sheets that he colored into smaller sheets that could fit in a snack-size ziplock baggie, 6" x 2.5", for a total of 10 colorful sheets of paper. 

Next, I wanted to come up with a cute saying that would not only give the Hot Wheels cars a reason for being there, but also include a bit of church within them since it was for nursery. I called up Madre and she came up with a couple cute ones; I liked the idea of something to do with "Choose the Right" - CTR. 


  
The traffic sign was a must on these little valentines, to make sure the cars had a place. The note we came up with was:

"I Choose The Right (sharp right traffic sign) FRIENDS! 
Happy Valentine's Day! 
Love, _____". 

I think they are absolutely adorable.




After V-man had a chance to look at and name each of his "friends' cars" - he named all of them "Lightning except one. He named that one Mr. Spicy. I'm still trying to figure out where that came from - we were finally ready to put the valentines together. V-man handed me a snack-size baggie and one card (with the note on one side and art on the other). I placed the note in the baggie, and then V-man picked a car to add to the baggie on the colorful side. We did that nine more times and DONE! 

We love how compact they turned out. Since he is giving them to a bunch of two and three-year-olds, I thought it'd be nice to just keep everything in the baggie and not worry about anything too elaborate. Quite frankly, these kiddos just want the car inside anyway :) 

Go ahead and give these a try for a super quick nursery valentine that every kid will love. Comment and let me know how they go!

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Making valentines, making friends, making memories, making the most of precious moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete