Creative:
Pumpkin season is in full swing. And I love it! In fact, I love everything about this time of year! I recently came across this recipe from Cooking Classy for Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Her photos were beautiful and I'm a fan of good-looking food. I feel that if the food looks good, it has a positive effect on those eating it...like maybe it tastes just as good! Works for me anyway :)
This blog was originally created as a means to show ways that the recipes and creations we do can serve and benefit others - the "compassionate" portion of the title. I feel I have not focused enough on that as of late so I am now making a change for the better! Each post will feature how the recipe (or whatever I'm displaying) helped another person or group. And if applicable, will also include why it makes me and/or others "happy".
Compassionate:
On the last Saturday of September, we had our semi-annual General Women's Broadcast for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We always have refreshments after the broadcast so I signed up to bring cupcakes, naturally. I think they were a big hit!
Happy:
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf gave a great talk. I haven't re-read it yet, but the notes I took were based off of the things I found pertinent and important for me:
He told the story of a young girl and her Great Aunt Rose. The takeaway message from the story is as follows: God created us to have joy. If we trust Him, He will help us to notice the good, bright, happy things. The best things in life take time and work. FAITH turned Great Aunt Rose's life around. Faith led to hope. Faith and hope give confidence that through the Savior, all things will be made right. You can hang your head and feel sorry for yourself, or have faith. Now is part of eternity. "Forever" is composed of "nows". Fill your life with meaningful things. Pure love of Christ is the heart of the gospel. When we love God, we want to serve Him.
I used Cooking Classy's exact recipe for the Pumpkin Cupcakes and they turned out perfect! I always worry about the consistency of the batter with pumpkin products, but these were great.
I did, however, modify a recipe from Our Best Bites for the Cream Cheese Frosting. This full recipe made more than enough for this batch of cupcakes. So you could either halve the recipe, or even make a second dessert that requires cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients:
- 2 (8-oz) pck. cream cheese, at almost room temperature
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at almost room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. powdered sugar
Instructions:
- Whip cream cheese, butter, salt, and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and whip until smooth and fully incorporated. Refrigerate any leftovers (or anything you've frosted that doesn't get eaten immediately).
These look just as beautiful as they taste. In fact, V-man actually put the finishing touches on by placing one candy pumpkin onto each individual cupcake. Nice job, bud!
Sunshine in a wrapper
ReplyDelete