Friday, September 19, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes


I found this recipe a while back when I told one of my co-workers I would make him a treat for helping me out at work. He loved it! I decided to try it again with a few changes, and I think it was even better. In fact, it was practically perfect in every way. Cassie would agree, All Recipes is quite  the website.  



The only change to her recipe that I made was that I added 1 tsp. of vanilla and 1 tsp. of almond extract to the cake batter to add a little bit more flavor. You can't go wrong with almond extract in my book. I did, however, use a buttercream frosting recipe that is tried and true among my desserts already. It comes from Our Best Bites Seasonal Cookbook (which I love because I totally choose my foods according to the seasons! I'm weird like that). 


I used both chocolate and vanilla buttercream. The recipe is the same for each except for the addition of cocoa powder in the chocolate version. Both delicious. Both...not so nutritious :)


No comments:

Post a Comment