Thursday, October 13, 2016

Double Chocolate Drop Cookies

I have been trying a few different chocolate cookie recipes lately and none of them have wowed me enough to post them on the blog. I took photos - good photos - but the taste was just not...perfect. Until this last attempt. I should have known going into my search that The Pioneer Woman would have the solution to my problem! Her Triple Chocolate Cookies were the perfect combination of chocolate...and more chocolate! I didn't have milk-chocolate chips on hand so I only used semi-sweet and it was perfect. That gave the rich, chocolatey goodness that I crave. All the time.


Of course, I had to add M&Ms. M&Ms and sprinkles are probably my two favorite food "accessories". They have different colors and flavors for every season, they taste great, and people are way more likely to eat something with beautiful colorful dots all over than they are to eat something a little more plain. At least in my experience. Feel free to play around with the "icing on the cake" as I like to call it, by using Fall M&Ms, Christmas sprinkles, or whatever you like! The colorful options are endless. Plus, little toddlers - V-man in particular - love to dip the balls of dough into colorful candies and place on the cookie sheets. Rocking out to Disney music or kids Christmas on Pandora while dipping chocolate dough balls into M&Ms with my kids is one of the best things in life!


For a printable recipe, click here.

Double Chocolate Drop Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 sticks butter, softened
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 1/4 c. flour
  • 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 c. M&Ms, mini M&Ms, sprinkles, or topping of your choice, optional
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, scraping the sides once.
  3. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
  4. Sift together dry ingredients, then add in batches to the mixer, mixing until just combined after each addition.
  5. Gently blend in chocolate chips.
  6. Grab handfuls of dough and roll into tablespoon-sized balls. Dip the top of each ball into a bowl of M&Ms and place, M&M side up, on the cookie sheet. Continue with each dough ball. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are barely done but still soft and chewy. Don't overbake.
  7. Let cool on a baking rack.
  8. Enjoy and share with friends! 



These cookies were not only the sweet end of meal for a friend in need, but they also stuffed the bellies of an entire Scout Committee at my meeting on Sunday night. It's a good sign when people eat one...and then another...and then another. Yes, that's music to my eyes. Wait...

Enjoy these cookies. Play around with the candies on top and let your kids join you. They'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment