Thursday, August 28, 2014

Oatmeal Sprinkle Cookies


These cookies are one of the adaptations I made to Jenica's Chocolate Chip Cookies. I know you're wondering why I would substitute sprinkles for chocolate chips... It's because they look adorable! The sprinkles add a fun touch to the cookies, and they taste fabulous, even without chocolate chips!


And believe it or not, there are some people who don't really like chocolate. I know, it's hard to believe. Erin is one of those people, so this variation would be right up her ally! (Although, I think since she's lived in Brazil, she has learned to like chocolate. Finally, she understands what she's been missing out on).


The only change I make for these cookies from the original chocolate chip cookie recipe is not adding chocolate chips. That's it. After rolling the cookies into balls, I dip the tops into a bowl of sprinkles. They spread out along the entire top of the cookie as they bake and they come out looking so cute!

 
This method is great to use when planning themed parties: blue and white sprinkles for BYU football, purple and gold for Westminster. The options are endless.


And of course, the best way to rinse down a delicious treat like this cookie is with a tall glass of ice cold milk. It doesn't get much better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for quick and festive cookies to make for our missionaries for Christmas- I'm now inspired to use thus recipe with red, green and white sprinkles.
    Ho-ho-ho 🎄

    ReplyDelete