Monday, July 14, 2014

(From Brazil) Brazilian Chocolate Chip Cookies and Makeshift Treats

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Brazil Style

During the last world cup game, we attempted to make cookies.  I used my food science background and ratios to make a dang good chocolate chip cookie!  We will bring them today and see how they are.  Sam should put them on the blog.  They are a bit round, but that is because they don´t have butter here and the sugar is different.  The melting point of the shortening stuff is much higher than butter which results in a more round cake like cookie versus chewy with butter.  I was trying to explain this to sister Clark.  She looked at me and said she was really happy that science made me excited but she just wanted to eat the cookie and didn´t care to hear.  I continued anyways:)




Using What's on Hand to Make Crave-Worthy Meals

People here don't make breakfast food and Sister Clark wanted Mcmuffins for lunch last p-day. They don't have bagels or English muffins and people don't make biscuits here. I made biscuits with some old lard we found in the cupboards which turned out really good. I made eggs with milk and a tiny bit of mayo to put on top. Here they don't have bacon in strips so we bought a block of bacon and I cut it into strips and fried it up to put on the sandwiches. We had two each and a salad. They turned out really good.

We also wanted buttermilk pancakes one day so before bed, I prepared the dry ingredients for the recipe Sam sent me. The next day I squeezed a lemon in the milk for a makeshift buttermilk (they don't have buttermilk here) and made some dang good pancakes. This picture is not good because I forgot to take pics and this one was a little well done. Sister Clark's parents sent peanut butter so we ate them with peanut butter and bananas. I put honey on mine too.



The last one is just a fun and simple breakfast I made for Sister Clark. She doesn't like to cook so it's a good way to serve her. I want to make a cookbook with fun kid food ideas like faces and stuff. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. This post screens the epitome of this website, creating happy food for your companion❣

    ReplyDelete