Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Baby Food

I'm sure all you moms already know about this, but I just found out and I think it's totally neat! We all know that it is far less expensive to make your own baby food than to buy it. It is also better when you know exactly what Baby is eating. Let me share an easy-"peasy" way to make and store baby food. All it takes is a couple hours and you can have tons of baby food all frozen and ready to eat! I think I may actually start buying produce in bulk now that I know I can freeze this stuff for Vince!

Homemade Baby Food
Ingredients:
  • Fresh fruit and/or vegetables
  • Water
  • Ice cube tray(s)
  • Ziplock baggies
I haven't tried many types of food yet. I've only frozen peas and carrots. But I hear it works just fine with just about anything else. All you do is boil the vegetables with water until they are nice and soft. Then simply blend them up with some or all of the cooking water, depending on the consistency you want...and you have yourself some baby food. 

After it is made and pureed, all that is left to do is fill up the ice cube trays with the food and freeze them until the pureed food is solid. 




When it is ready to be removed, place the ice cube tray in 1/4 inch of warm water to loosen the food. Then just dump the food "cubes" into gallon-sized ziplock baggies and freeze! That is it! I think it's great. If you already knew about it, cool. If not, give it a try!


Please ignore the freezer ice. I forgot to take an 'after' picture when they were freshly frozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment